Social Media Internship
Harpers Ferry, WV
Marketing and Communications
Public Relations and Social Media Specialist
Internship - Unpaid, Living Stipend Provided
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) is seeking a Social Media Intern to assist in the Marketing and Communications Department. This internship entails assisting and implementing marketing campaigns aligned with the ATC’s 2017 social media plan. The social media intern will receive a stipend to assist with housing and other living costs.
The ATC social media goals include:
- Strengthen and leverage the ATC brand and its key messages to increase its visibility as a national conservation organization
- Educate and empower the public to protect the A.T. through volunteerism, sustainable practices, and financial support.
- Engage and connect a younger and more diverse audience to the A.T. and the ATC.
The ATC has a large online social media presence, with over 222,000 fans on Facebook, 79,000 on Instagram, and 17,500 on Twitter. This individual will work under the Public Relations and Social Media Specialist and will carry out several tasks to facilitate online campaigns for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create compelling content that will be shared on ATC’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+
- Draft blog posts related to the work of the Conservancy
- Assist in creating and implementing promotional campaigns across the ATC social media networks
- Schedule and post content through online programs including Hootsuite
- Research latest trends on social media
- Measure, reports, and track responses
- Archive photos on ATC’s online photo database
- Other duties as assigned
- Background in marketing, communications or other related disciplines
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Familiar with social networking sites
- Ability to work individually and self-driven projects
- Attention to every information and accuracy in performance
- Highly self-motivated individual
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Working on the computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, e-mail and in person.
- Sitting for prolonged periods.
- Shared/open office environment with modest noise level.
EXPLORE MORE POSITIONS
To apply for this position please submit your resume to [email protected]
. All resumes should be emailed as a Microsoft Word document, saved as "Last Name_First Name". Please indicated in your email (preferably in the subject line) the position you are applying for along with the term. For example "Social Media Internship_Spring 20XX".
Spring Term: Applications due second week of January.
Summer Term: Applications due second week of April.
Fall Term: Applications due last week of August.