Social Media Internship
Feb 23, 2016, 13:16 PM
Harpers Ferry, WV
Marketing and Communications
Public Relations and Social Media Specialist
Internship - Unpaid
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) is seeking a Social Media Intern to assist in the Marketing and Communications Department. This internship entails assisting and implementing marketing campaigns aligned with the ATC’s 2017 social media plan. The social media intern will receive a stipend to assist with housing and other living costs.
The ATC social media goals include:
- Strengthen and leverage the ATC brand and its key messages to increase its visibility as a national conservation organization
- Educate and empower the public to protect the A.T. through volunteerism, sustainable practices, and financial support.
- Engage and connect a younger and more diverse audience to the A.T. and the ATC.
The ATC has a large online social media presence, with over 222,000 fans on Facebook, 79,000 on Instagram, and 17,500 on Twitter. This individual will work under the Public Relations and Social Media Specialist and will carry out several tasks to facilitate online campaigns for the organization.
- Create compelling content that will be shared on ATC’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+
- Draft blog posts related to the work of the Conservancy
- Assist in creating and implementing promotional campaigns across the ATC social media networks
- Schedule and post content through online programs including Hootsuite
- Research latest trends on social media
- Measure, reports, and track responses
- Archive photos on ATC’s online photo database
- Other duties as assigned
- Background in marketing, communications or other related disciplines
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Familiar with social networking sites
- Ability to work individually and self-driven projects
- Attention to every information and accuracy in performance
- Highly self-motivated individual
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Working on the computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, e-mail and in person.
- Sitting for prolonged periods.
- Shared/open office environment with modest noise level.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to [email protected]
. All resumes should be emailed as a Microsoft Word document, saved as "Last Name_First Name". Please indicated in your email (preferably in the subject line) the position you are applying for along with the term. For example "Social Media Internship_Spring 20XX".
Spring Term: Applications due second week of January.
Summer Term: Applications due second week of April.
Fall Term: Applications due last week of August.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Internship