Development Database Internship
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Membership and Development Department
Royce W. Gibson, Senior Director Membership & Development
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) is seeking a Development Intern to assist in the Membership and Development Department. Under general supervision, the Development Intern will assist in multiple functions related to database systems, direct mail, publications, and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze results of past campaigns
- Update & produce reports on effectiveness and ROI of various mailings
- Propose development campaigns and a direct mail plan
- Assist with database systems – conversions and enhancements
- Assist in internal procedures and documentation
- Has or is working towards a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Data manipulation (Pivot tables & Graphing)
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to translate complex data points into clear instructions for their use
- Creative writing and design skills a plus
- Working on the computer for prolonged periods
- Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, e-mail and in person
- Sitting for prolonged periods
- Shared/open office environment with modest noise level
Normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters in the performance of the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EXPLORE MORE POSITIONS
To apply for this position please submit your resume and a short cover letter describing your interest in the position to: email@example.com. All resumes should be emailed as a Microsoft Word document, saved as “Last Name_First Name”. Please indicate in your email (preferably in the subject line) the position you are applying for along with the term. For example “Development Database Internship_Fall 20XX”.
Spring Term: Applications due second week of January
Summer Term: Applications due second week of April
Fall Term: Applications due September 1st
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an effective and successful organizational culture and mission.
The ATC prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the locations where we operate.