Feb 17, 2017, 13:45 PM
Harpers Ferry, WV
Membership & Development
Associate Director of Development, Corporate Donor Relations
The Development Coordinator is a part of the Membership & Development department reporting to the Associate Director of Development, Corporate & Donor Relations. It encompasses development, event coordination, and donor related functions at the ATC Headquarters in Harpers Ferry, WV. This position supports core fund raising programs.
Development Coordinator: Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Development, Corporate & Donor Relations, the Development Coordinator provides general day-to-day administrative support and also manage opportunities with Sand and assist with implementation of the new Tribute Garden project, the annual “Leaders in Conservation” Gala, donor cultivation events, and other administrative and database related functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates communications between ATC development team and internal departments, aids in the design and upkeep of development related marketing materials, case statements, and donor program collateral. Researches information on corporations, major donors, and gala sponsors as requested. Aids in event set up, record keeping, takes RSVP’s, works with outside vendors, creates nametags, materials, and mailings for cultivation events and the gala. Helps to create and implement the Tribute Garden project plan and sees the plan to fruition with a mission to honor and memorialize ATC supporters and raise unrestricted funds. Completes all other tasks and/or projects as assigned.
General Office Support
Answers telephones; files, drafts, edits, proofreads development correspondence; maintains development database/CRM records: creates reports, pulls donor lists for mailings, events, and magazine; schedules team meetings and takes minutes, maintains department meeting and events calendar.
Support Department Directors schedule and travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 year) Degree Preferred or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- 1-2 years administrative/development/business experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High Degree of initiative and a team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with development/membership database functions preferred.
- The incumbent should be able to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- A working familiarity with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and its programs is a plus.
- Proven initiative with the ability to manage competing priorities and define own workload while meeting deadlines
- Must be confident working with others at all levels in and outside the organization to accomplish objectives.
- Current and valid drivers license with no restrictions.
- Must have own transportation.
- Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, email, and in person.
- Working on the computer or telephone for prolonged periods.
- At times, may require the ability to lift or move light to moderate weight.
- Some travel may be required.
- Shared office environment with modest noise level.
Submit cover letter, and resumé to [email protected]
with position listed in subject line..
Please, no telephone calls. Only responses to [email protected]
will be considered.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Full Time